Monday, July 9, 2012

5 Things I'm Loving: 7/2/12 - 7/8/12

 1) Quiet time at home with Aaron on Independence Day. For the 4th of July, Aaron and I had plans to hang out with some friends and celebrate! Unfortunately, our friends had to cancel and I ended up falling asleep for a while, so we spent the holiday watching TV together. Not a traditional way to spend Independence Day (I really wanted to see fireworks!), but it was still nice to spend time with my boyfriend. :)


 2) I've started crocheting again! After a 5 month hiatus, I've finally started crocheting again. I mainly do it at work, because it keeps me busy (and helps me avoid getting sleepy). Now I'm hoping that if I keep it up, I can finish the scarf I started for Aaron before it gets cold again!

(Branching out of my artistic box, Mom's birthday, and Thrifting finds after the jump!)

 3) Looking into branching out of my art medium. I love drawing, but I've been itching to try something new and expand my creativity. I'm considering watercolor or acrylic painting, but I'm open to anything. Any suggestions?

 4) My mom's Birthday day! Her actual birthday was on Sunday, but I work on Sunday so we celebrated it early, on Friday! We found a lot of neat things while thrifting at the antique mall and had a lovely lunch in a nearly-empty Applebee's. I was so happy to be able to spend time with her, since our work schedules conflict. On her actual birthday, she still stopped by for an hour during the morning to talk and have coffee, so that was nice. My sister and her boyfriend surprised her with a cake as well. I love my mom. :)

 5) Thrifting Finds! While thrifting with my mom, I ended up buying quite a bit. By a bit, I mean $107 worth! I bought 3 vintage cameras to add to my collection (a Zeiss Ikon Novar, Kodak Brownie, and Kodak Duaflex II) that all seem to work properly, a neat book titled Norma Jean: My Secret Life with Marilyn Monroe, and an adorable head scarf (my first one!). The head scarf still smells of lovely perfume too! I'm so happy I found all of these things and can't wait to go back to the antique mall to find more!

What are you loving, this week? :)


Grumbacher Watercolors - DickBlick.com, All photos by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment