Sunday, July 8, 2012

Home Decor: Asian Living

 This past week has focused a lot on actual decor instead of furniture. Earlier in the week, Aaron surprised me by spontaneously decorating one of our bedroom walls and the tops of his dressers. He displayed a lot of his old Japanese things that his grandparents gave him that they got around WWII. Neat, right? He was feeling so handy, he even finished hanging the shelves that I planned to do, along with his sword rack! Our bedroom is looking more and more Asian each time we do something to it, I like it. Luckily, he kept my dress form shelf in that area though. I was afraid there wouldn't be any room for it! It's been changed once or twice since I took these pictures, but here's how the bedroom looked after he was done.

 Later in the week, I found a few pieces to add to my camera collection (but more about that tomorrow) to display as well! Those finds have inspired an idea or two for the main wall in my living room (the ugly brown one with the random bulletin board above the couch). I'm hoping to move the bulletin board to over my drafting table and adding some shelves above the couch for my camera collection! Maybe I should paint the bulletin board as well? It blends in with the wall too much anyways, may as well make it pop!


 I haven't picked up the photo frames that I need for my art wall yet, like I planned to for this week, but I'll definitely get them while I'm out during this next week. I know I keep saying that, but I really mean it this time!


I'm happy about all of this productivity, now I just need to keep it going! :)


All photos by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment