Wednesday, February 29, 2012

5 Things I'm Loving: 2/20/12 - 2/26/12

 1) Mine and Aaron's anniversary! I won't say more, because I've already written about it here.


 2) I've been drawing a lot more lately. I normally have trouble thinking of drawing ideas, but this past week I've gotten a couple requests from friends as well as practiced a different art style while making fan art. Now I just need to start writing down drawing ideas as I think of them!


(Orange nails, an anime with lesbian tendencies,  and a busy day after the jump.)

 3) My nail color of the week! I haven't painted my nails in a few weeks, because I got acrylics, but I decided to paint over them when I got tired of the glitter. I painted them a natural peach color to cover the parts that need to be filled, then I painted the tips orange. Really cute and they match my orange dress!


 4) Nana. I've been watching this anime a lot lately, but am only about 1/4 of the way through it. It seems to be a slightly dramatic "slice of life" anime with lesbian undertones, about two girls, both named Nana, that move to Tokyo for two very different reasons and end up living together. One of the Nanas is a vocalist for a punk band that wants to make it big while trying to forget her now-famous-guitarist ex-boyfriend, the other is a naive girl that moved there for her boyfriend whom is in university there and is trying to figure out how adult life works. It's definitely worth watching and you can find it on Netflix.


 5) Spending time with my mom, Jaxy, and Susie! On Friday, I spent the day with my mom and Jaxy, running errands and getting things ready before anniversary day. In the middle of it all, we met up with our friend, Susie, to have lunch at Pin Kaow. I wrote about this restaurant in a past "5 Things I'm Loving" post. Unfortunately, Susie had to go back to work, but it was fun hanging out with her again! After that, mom, Jaxy, and I went to Kinkos to print a bunch of pictures out for the scrapbook and ran some more errands. It was a fun, productive day.


What are you loving, this week? :)


Nana - Viz, Rest of photos by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment