Sunday, January 29, 2012

5 Things I'm Loving: 1/23/12 - 1/29/12

 1) Town Square here in Las Vegas, NV. On Wednesday, Jaxy, Aaron, and I went there for some hang out / exploring / tea time. I had never been there before and now I wonder why I haven't! It's a fun outdoor mall with big brand stores and maybe some smaller ones, and if you can't afford anything there, it's still fun to walk around and play in the fake grass in the middle of the square. I recommend going at around 7pm, because it's pretty at night and the retail employees aren't quite antsy to go home yet. Also, go to the Juicy Couture shop to silently laugh at the $200 items you can either easily make or buy similar for $20, lol


 2) Lots of tea! I've given up coffee this past week and started drinking mainly tea. I've started a small collection of teas in my kitchen, but my favorite is English Breakfast. So good! I also went to the Teavana in Town Square with Jaxy this week, but I can honestly say it was the worst tea I've ever had. It was only because the girl who made it was rushing us to leave, didn't know how to mix teas, and generally had poor customer service and sales skills. We're just going to stick with the one at the Fashion Show Mall from now on, it has much better customer service and much MUCH better tea.


(Stalker apps, feather clips, and Thai food after the jump.)

 3) Check-in phone apps. This past week, Jaxy got me into Foursquare and Path. Foursquare is basically just a "Look at me leave my house" kind of app, but you get points for going to different places, which is a weird way to get motivated to try new things and go out to new places. Path is a phone-only social site where you share pictures, people you're with, places you're at, music you're listening to, statuses, and even when you go to sleep and wake up! So I'd say it's basically like a phone-only twitter, but more fun, in my opinion. I recommend at least trying these apps (for both iPhone and Android), you might get addicted like I did.


 4) Francesca's Collections. I've heard of it before, but never knew we had a store here in town until I went to Town Square. It's the cutest little clothing store I've ever seen! Filled with my style of clothing and accessories and a few other things, like small notebooks and make up bags. It's all a bit kitchy, but in an amazing way. It can be a little pricey for some things, but I ended up getting an adorable teal feather hair clip / brooch for $5. So worth it! I have to post a picture of it. I hope to go back soon.


 5) Pin Kaow! My mom and I went there for the first time on Friday. It's a casual, sit-down Thai restaurant for a decent price, most dishes are about $10 each. I had the Tofu Pad Thai, so amazing! They know how to cook tofu correctly, so it's more like egg and less like rubber, and they have you choose the spiciness of any dish on a 1-10 scale. The 8 was almost too spicy for me, and I can take a lot of spice! Over all, a great Thai restaurant. If you're ever in Vegas, I highly recommend looking them up, there are 3 locations.


What are you loving this week? :)


Town Square photo - TS site, Foursquare screencap - Android.com
Path screencap - Android.com, Rest of photos by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment