Sunday, December 25, 2011

5 Things I'm Loving: 12/18/11 - 12/24/11

 1) Crocheting! I've taken up crocheting, I haven't crocheted in 12 years! I'm a bit rusty, but I'm slowly relearning as well as learning some new things. I'm going to make my first scarf as soon as I figure out how to start a new row, good thing I have lots of time and youtube at work. lol


 2) Secret Sensen. Normal it's Secret Santa, but the members of the Aquafeles Fan Club on dA do it slightly differently. Each person participating is assigned someone else and they draw one of the ideas their assigned person asks for in a wishlist. The only catches are there has to be at least one character created by Sensen (Aquafeles), the present can only be a drawing (so no cosplay or sculptures), and the presents can't be posted to dA until January 14th. I've been working hard on my present, I can't wait to give it to my assigned person!


(Turkey bacon, ocarinas, DIY gardens, and underwater utopias after the jump.)

 3) Christmas breakfast! I know Christmas is today, but Aaron, my mom, and I already celebrated our Christmas on Thursday since we work today/tonight. We made a Christmas breakfast of pancakes (plain and chocolate chip), turkey bacon, and they had scrambled eggs. I tried to make the chocolate chip pancakes, but mess up twice so my mom took over. I wish I took a picture of the "scrambled chocolate chip pancakes", they were so messed up, but still yummy! lol


 4) Christmas presents! Since there was so much going on for Pseudo-Christmas, I had to split it into 2 spots. lol For my mom, I got her a pair of navy blue Keds, the same style as the shoes I wore in this post. She was ecstatic when she put them on, and she's been wearing them everyday since! For Aaron, I bought him an 8-tier sword mount so that he can finally display his collection, and he's the biggest Zelda fan I've ever met, so I bought him a Legend of Zelda: OoT ocarina. He was happy to get the sword mount, but he was overjoyed when he saw the ocarina. He has literally played it any chance he got since Thursday! After a while, it gets a little annoying to hear that thing for hours, but it makes him really happy and got him into a new instrument, so I'm happy too. Mom bought us a new spice rack for the kitchen (I can finally add seasoning to my food again!) and Aaron got me Milla (my new cat that we adopted last week), a DIY herb growing kit for Basil, Parsley, and a 3rd herb I can't remember, and a sweet card that he quickly made me, but I cherish it. I have to say, this Christmas has been pretty great! It sucks this is the first Christmas since my dad moved away, but we made the best of it.

 5) Bioshock. I know it's an old game now, but I thought I would finally play it again after 3 months. It's such a fun game, something I can play over and over again. I just love the story and the setting. The voices for the Little Sisters sound way too old for their age, especially after playing Bioshock 2, but I can live with it. I've been a huge Bioshock fan since I first got my PS3, and I absolutely can't wait for Bioshock Infinite to come out! It's going to be the first game I've ever pre-ordered.


What are you loving this week? :)


Bioshock screencap - MattPlays.com, Rest of photos by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment