Saturday, November 26, 2011

5 Things I'm Loving: 11/20/11 - 11/26/11

1) The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I've been playing this on my days off as much as possible, so much fun. With the Wii Motion Plus built in, it kind of feels like I'm actually using the sword, plus I like the sound the wiimote makes when I pull out the sword or put it away. lol Aaron preordered it, so we got the gold wiimote as well! And the design style of the game is so gorgeous! Instead of blurry backgrounds, they look more like watercolor paintings. I won't go into detail about the story, since I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it's a must have game. I would probably have even bought a Wii if I didn't have one already just for this game, seriously.


2) Finally starting my seasonal baking! To kick it off, I baked a pumpkin and cream cheese pie for Thanksgiving. It was my first time baking a pie, but it turned out great. I'll post more about that later!



(Thanksgiving food, plotting turkeys, and lazy days after the jump)

3) Thanksgiving! It was Thanksgiving this past Thursday here in the US, I like to call it National Obesity Day. My mom, my sister, her boyfriend, Aaron and I celebrated it at my mom's apartment with lots of food, holiday movies, and my sister feeding her dog at the dinner table. It was weird celebrating Thanksgiving without my dad the first time since he moved away, but I got to talk to him for a little bit after dinner so that was nice. My mom made the turkey and stuffing (the first time she cooked the turkey in years!), my sister and her boyfriend cooked the side veggies, and I baked the pumpkin and cream cheese pie while Aaron bought an apple pie. lol


4) These little turkey treats that my sister and her best friend made before Thanksgiving. Aren't they cute? It looks like they were planning something...


5) Being able to enjoy a lazy day on Friday while I played Skyward Sword on Wii and Sims 3 on the 3DS, watched lots of Ruby Gloom on Netflix (I swear, it's not for ages 5-7!), and "worked out" with the Wii Fit a little bit. I cleaned up a little, but I have more to do as soon as I can borrow my mom's vacuum again. I don't mess with Black Friday, too many people. I prefer Cyber Monday, online shopping is less stressful. lol


What are you loving this week? :)


Skyward Sword screen cap - Skyward Sword's wiki, Thanksgiving photos by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment