Tuesday, October 23, 2012

What's Cookin'? 10/23/12

Seafood Miso Soup
 This was my first time making soup from scratch and all I can say is, it was so good! The whole process took about 45 minutes, but that was only because it was my first time trying it. I'm sure if I made it again, it would take 30 minutes. Unfortunately, I couldn't find bok choy in my grocery store, but red-leaf lettuce works perfectly. I didn't find regular miso paste, but it seems any easy miso powder will work. I also left out the mushrooms, as I'm not a fan. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. If your cooking for two people, making the recipe as directed will give you leftovers for two nights, so be prepared for that. This is the perfect soup for pescetarians during the colder seasons. It's definitely a must-try for anyone that likes seafood, though!


What have you cooked, lately? :)


Recipe - Steamy Kitchen, Photo by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment