Saturday, June 16, 2012

Home Decor: Bring in Some Color!

 Sorry for the late post! Due to scheduling difficulties, I'm moving my Home Decor posts from Wednesdays to Saturdays. :)


 On Thursday morning, Aaron and I went to Target for a few things. For the kitchen, I picked up some canisters (for sugar, flour, and such) and the cutest turquoise tea kettle! The kitchen is starting to look much more colorful, I love it.


(Lamps, art wall progress, and future plans after the jump!)

 For the living room, I got a pair of table lamps. I haven't found the right lamp shades yet, but I just couldn't pass them up. I didn't realize how difficult it is to find the right teal lamp shades! Aren't the shape of the lamps neat though?


 For the bedroom, I got one of the many picture frames that I'll need for my art wall. Two down, at least eight to go! As for the art itself, I have three pieces so far, but plan on commissioning or buying prints from a few artists soon. I can't wait to hang them all!


 I still need to make a list of everything we have to buy, but a few things we plan on buying soon are: Aaron's dresser, Aaron's desk, a new entertainment center, lamp shades for living room, a new mattress, and (possibly) a 3-piece table set for balcony. We're still deciding whether or not we'll paint the brown walls, but I'm hoping we do. I've been looking into creative ways to start a garden on a small balcony, I really want to start that soon.


So much to do still, I can't wait to see some progress! :)


All photos by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment