Tuesday, April 17, 2012

5 Things I'm Loving: 4/9/12 - 4/15/12

 Sorry I've been MIA for a few days, I've been busy with a few things and didn't have time to blog before.


 1) Got a free hair cut from my now-new stylist! I was going to get a hair cut on Wednesday anyways, but coincidentally Jaxy asked me to be a hair model for one of her friends, Kelcie, whom works at Walk In Salon. I gladly accepted, because who doesn't love a free hair cut from a pro at a Paul Mitchell salon? Long story short, my hair looks awesome and feels extra healthy again. I highly recommend going to see Kelcie at Walk In Salon in the Shoppes at Mandalay Bay! She's gentle, listens to what you want, gives her opinion and suggestions if something might be better, will converse if you would like, she's really sweet, and she gives a great neck and shoulder massage during the shampooing. Also, normally a cut is $20, color is $40, so it's inexpensive for great service!


 2) Traded in my defective mouse. On Wednesday, I also stopped by Best Buy to return a wireless mouse (with a defective receiver) that I bought a few weeks back. They didn't give me any hassle about the packaging being opened and replaced the mouse with another of the same model no problem! Now it works great and still looks cute (the one in front).


(Toothpaste-colored nails, time with my pink-haired sister,
and computer games after the jump!)

 3) Got my nails done! On Friday, I finally went back to TK Nail to get my acrylics taken off and a gel manicure for my real nails. By the time I finally went, my acrylics were half-way up my natural nails and were looking a bit scary. The taking off part was difficult as it seemed like they were practically super glued onto my nail forever, but the manicurist got them off and cleaned my nails up nicely. If you ever get acrylic nails, I must stress that you should get a gel manicure when you finally take them off! Your nails get paper thin after acrylics and the gel manicure will thicken your nail up a bit until they grow back healthily.


 4) Weekly Thai om noms with Chel! Friday was also my weekly get-together with my sister, Chelsea. We go to the same place and eat the same food every week, but it never gets old for us. We promise every week that we'll try a different place the next time, but we never do. lol She took a picture of herself and put it on my Instagram.


 5) Had a game shopping spree on Steam. I spent a lot of my days off time browsing through Steam and buying games for my laptop. I ended up buying Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Borderlands GOTY, Garry's Mod, and Terraria. All of these games are great except for Terraria, I definitely regret spending the $10 for it. lol Borderlands was having some video output issues on my laptop, but after 8 hours of trying to fix this, my friend, Kaymon, simply pressed alt+enter and it worked. I was happy it got fixed, but kind of raging on the inside for spending so much time on it. lol Technically it plays in window form instead of full screen now, but there isn't a difference.


What are you loving this week? :)


All photos by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment