Sunday, February 19, 2012

5 Things I'm Loving: 2/6/12 - 2/19/12

 I know it's been 2 weeks since my last 5 Things post, so I thought I would do a 2-week mash up for this post!


 1) My Aaron and the Valentine's day gifts he got me. While I was asleep, he went to CostPlus to get my Valentine's day presents. I woke up with a gift bag on my night stand and in my first-waking-up-zombiness, opened it. I got an awesome chalkboard mug (I've been wanting one forever!),  a gorgeous pair of blue ceramic chop sticks (he got a matching pair in black), an adorable metal cat that holds photos with its tail, and a cute card. He knows me too well! Best Valentine's day ever.


 2) Pho! I went to Viet Bistro, a Vietnamese restaurant, with Jaxy on the 8th and had pho for the first time. We both got tofu pho and thai iced tea and it was so good! She even said that the pho there was better than pho she had elsewhere. I highly recommend looking the restaurant up if you're in Vegas, so worth it and it costed about $29 after tip for two people.


(90's nostalgia, anniversary plans, and slaying darkspawn after the jump.)

 3) Daria. Anyone remember that show from the 90's? It was a slightly more intelligent, feminine version of Beavis & Butthead. I've been watching that show almost obsessively lately, kind of wishing I was a teen in the 90's. The series on dvd is kind of expensive for me, but I'm on season 3 right now, thanks to hulu! Daria's awesome, but my favorite character is still Jane and who didn't have a cartoon crush on her brother, Trent?


 4) Planning mine and Aaron's anniversary! I'm almost done with everything, but I still need to make sure my shift for work is covered that day, get my nails redone, and above all, finish his anniversary present! I have them figured out, I just need to find a way to get to the places I need to, without him around, to finish it. Hard to do, since I live with him and he drives me everywhere, because I don't have a license. Gotta figure it out before the 25th! On the plus side, my dress for the special occasion.


 5) Dragon Age: Origins and Awakening. I've been playing these on my days off and finally beat Origins after a grand total of about 62 hours (game play, not in one sitting. lol). I'm now about 1/3 of the way through Awakening and can't wait to finish it along with the other DLCs so I can load my game choices into Dragon Age 2! If you're into RPGs, especially western-style RPGs, then I highly suggest trying this game if you haven't yet. So many quests to do and people to meet, plus the type of character you make in the beginning determines how your game starts out, with 6 origins to try!


What are you loving this week? :)


Daria - MTV, Dragon Age - Bioware, Rest of photos by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment